Sunday, March 16, 2014

Day # 13 - Book


Written by Robert Munsch.
Illustrated by Sheila McGraw.
Published by Firefly Books, 1995.

From Robert Munsch's official website:

"Love You Forever started as a song.

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my baby you’ll be.”

I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn't even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn't sing.

For a long time it was just a song but one day, while telling stories at a big theatre at the University of Guelph, it occurred to me that I might be able to make a story around the song.

Out popped Love You Forever, pretty much the way it is in the book."

Thank you Robert - for writing such a powerful and loving book. I had this book as a child but never understood the depth of the story until I lost Ana. Your book has overwhelmingly helped me heal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment