Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 1 - Sunrise

October marks another year without Ana. This is my third year celebrating a death instead of a birthday. With empty arms I still grieve. Nothing will ever compare to the loss of her early that bitter cold morning. I wish for nothing more than to hold her again.

I woke up this morning knowing the cold was upon us again. I lost her in the early hours of the morning and I will never forget coming home that Sunday morning and watching the sun rise.

Alone. 

Numb.

In that time it seemed like the world just stood still. I sat in the chair and rocked back and forth. I was hot, then I was cold. I was living a nightmare. Everything was lost in that morning that I dreamed of for her.

I lost so much that morning... a part of me that I will never get back.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I'm so sorry this time of year is difficult. Wishing you lots of peace this month.

    ReplyDelete