Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Capture Your Grief Day 6 - Books

Day 6

I don't think they need an introduction...



I had a copy of this book when I was younger. I never knew why he wrote this book until I lost Ana. When I lost Ana I was doing some searching to find things to help comfort the loss that I'm feeling. I found out that this book was created after the loss of his stillborn son. I send copies to moms who need it the most and I also donate copies to the labor ward at the hospital.


Three Minus One is the book that goes along with Return to Zero (the movie that is based on a family's struggle through stillbirth). The book  Three Minus One has stories of parents who have gone through stillbirth and it's a great resource of art, poetry and short stories about our angels.


Empty Arms was just recently sent to me by a friend in the baby loss community. This book is a great tool for those who are currently experiencing a loss and making decisions on what to do next (funeral arrangements, pictures, time spent with baby, etc) but also a great took to support you years after your loss.

I'm thankful for the resources that are becoming available to talk about miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment