Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Capture Your Grief Day 8 - Resources

Day 8

When I first lost Ana I couldn't find enough resources. I felt alone. Very alone. I didn't know who to reach out to so I started searching online. I started with the baby loss forums on BabyCenter. Then I started searching for groups on Facebook. I found some great groups with keywords like miscarriage, stillbirth, stillborn, mom of an angel, etc. I'm a part of many groups, too many to list here on my blog.

However, soon after finding these groups I knew I wanted to help. I started reaching out to people in the groups offering support and resources. Some of the best people in the world I've met through my loss. I'd like to take a moment to share a few resources near and dear to my heart.



Jalen's Gift Foundation - Gaby and her wonderful team at Jalen's gift are dedicated to assisting families grieving from the devastating effects of infant loss. JGF wants to ease the process of loss by providing financial assistance, emotional support, informational resources on pregnancy and infant loss, and provide a memorial keepsake to the suffering families.



Stillbirthday - The mission of the Stillbirthday global network is to validate a pregnancy loss as the birth, and death, that it is, and to fill the chasm between the moment darkness falls and when resources are discovered. Their website has a ton of resources for before birth, during birth and after birth.



Carly Marie's Project Heal - Offers a variety of amazing projects to help families heal after the death of their baby. Her projects include grief reflections, affirmations, healing conversations, artwork, and this project "Capture Your Grief".



Return To Zero - The community involved in Return To Zero helped me with my grief. Having a meaning, a project to watch from the start up gave me a hope that we can spread the word about pregnancy and infant loss. Return to Zero was the first film to center solely around stillbirth. The stillbirth and PAIL community came together and the movie debuted on Lifetime!

As always, I'd love to hear from you. I'm always looking for new resources to add to my list.
What are some resources that helped you in your grief?


No comments:

Post a Comment