Monday, October 13, 2014

Capture Your Grief Day 9 - In Memory

Day 9

What have I done in memory of Ana? I've created a Facebook group to help support those that have experienced pregnancy, stillbirth or infant loss. Last year this group was not around, as I was spending most of my time as an admin in another group. I decided that it would be beneficial to start another (smaller) group. At this moment the group has 269 members. I feel especially close with each of them as they share about their loss and life after loss.

Sleeping Babies Support Group

I also created a safe-haven for those trying to conceive again after a loss. Once you've lost a child - whether it be in utero or after birth, your life is forever scared that another loss could happen just like the first one. While many go on to conceive after their loss and have happy, healthy rainbows... not all of us are so lucky. I struggle with secondary infertility and I'm glad I have a wonderful group of women banning together after loss in hope of a rainbow after their storm.

TTC Our Rainbows

Besides Facebook, every chance I get to do something with art, crafts, painting, etc, I always try to incorporate her name or date somehow.


I carry her memory with me everywhere. There isn't a day or even an hour that goes by that I don't think about her in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment