Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ana's Angels Random Acts of Kindness DAY 16

DAY 16

I remember my mom reading I'll Love You Forever to my sister and I when we were younger. The story goes on to explain the stages of life from a newborn to a 2 year old to a 9 year old and so on... and it explains the love of a mother for her child. I never imagined what inspired this book until I lost Ana.

The story was written by Robert Munsch after he and his wife had two babies born dead. From his website:

"Love You Forever started as a song.

“I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my baby you’ll be.”

I made that up after my wife and I had two babies born dead. The song was my song to my dead babies. For a long time I had it in my head and I couldn't even sing it because every time I tried to sing it I cried. It was very strange having a song in my head that I couldn't sing."

I bought a total of 4 of these books. One for myself, one for the basket I already donated. Now I have two left. I would like to give these books to two individuals who read my blog. If you are reading this please leave a comment and tomorrow April 17th, 2014  at 9:30pm CST I will draw a winner through Random.org.


**UPDATED 4/17/14 9:45pm**

There were 7 comments on my blog, one was a deleted duplicate. So I numbered the comments 1-6. Using random.org, here are the winners from Day 16:

Ashley G. - Who ever so kindly passed because she already has a copy.

Kim D.

Denise C.

.......... and I actually had one more so the last one goes to......

Leah H.

If your name is above... to claim your copy of Love You Forever please message me on Facebook HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome job with all of the RAAK! Lots of neat ideas too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love everything you are doing Melissa! Makes me smile seeing your posts every day!

      Delete
    2. leah please message me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lacedbeauty

      Delete
  2. I dont need the book because I already have a copy, but I wanted to let you know that I read your blog every day. Sweet Ana is very proud of you for all you do for others in her name. I'm sorry I haven't said anything sooner - I wasn't sure what to say. Just know Im a follower and I admire your strength and the unconditional love you have for Ana. (((((Hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I didn't know that about the book.. Would love to get a copy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very inspiring person. I love what you are doing to remember Ana life. She will never be forgotten. Thanks for letting me be part of Ana's angels this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever read that book.. though now that I know that tidbit of information, I think i might need to. Ana has got to be so proud of her mommy and what all you've been accomplishing in her honor <3

    ReplyDelete