Friday, April 4, 2014

Day #26 - Community

Oddly enough, I only knew of one person who had a stillbirth before I lost Ana. Her name is also Melissa. I went to high school with her and then we just happened to enroll in the local community college here at the same time and were in the same program courses. When I lost Ana we were in the same class and she was the only person that I could reach out to and feel like what I was feeling was normal.

While there is a support group that meets once a month, I didn't feel like a support group was the right place for me. At first it was because I didn't want to cry the whole time, then as time went on it was because of different reasons I would make up as the support group dates got closer.

If it wasn't for the PAIL community I would be lost right now. I would be buried inside a dark room with no desire to come out. What helps me is being the support for others in the PAIL community. Giving back to those who have helped me. I want to be there for other families who are going through the same thing that I am. I want to give them just as much as they have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment