Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day #1 - Sunrise

I can honestly say that during the last year I have not spent many mornings awake early enough to capture a glimpse of the sun rising. This past year I have found myself buried in the comfort of my bed during the early morning hours. While I was never an early riser, I certainly couldn't think of a reason to get out of bed. 

Leading up to my loss, I had started looking forward to early mornings with my daughter. After I lost her, I really found no reason to be awake. I was drowning in my grief. However, I do remember not being able to sleep the first few nights and watching the sun rise tore my heart apart. The sunrise symbolizes a fresh start, a new day. But, you see, I dreaded each new morning because it was a new day without my daughter. A day I would never be able to get back. 

To this day, I still wake up each morning with a heavy heart… But now I’m up before the sunrise for a job that I think Ana has led me to. Therefore, this morning I decided to finally snap a picture of the sunrise.

While I was taking the picture I thought... what better of a place to watch the sun rise and set than in Heaven? I hope my daughter gets to see EVERY sunrise and EVERY sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment