Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day # 16 - Seasons

I'm fortunate enough to live in Wisconsin where I am able to experience all four seasons. I love the changing of the seasons... especially winter to spring and summer to fall.

Fall has always been my favorite season. Not too hot, not too cold. It’s just the right time to cuddle up with a blanket in front of a fire. But now the changing of the seasons reminds me of how delicate life is and that nothing –NOTHING – is promised. I no longer think of Halloween when I think of October. I think of October as Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness. (PAIL).

I expected her due date to be late March/early April. So not only do I struggle with October but I struggle with April. You'd think that spring makes people happy (which, don't get me wrong I do enjoy spring) but it comes with a slight bitter feeling that I'm not planning birthday parties for my daughter. By the time I end my Capture Your Grief healing experience I will be just days shy of her expected due date. She was born October 21, 2012. Due April 7, 2013. This year I would be planning her first birthday right now....


Little One Botique Hat


No comments:

Post a Comment