Monday, March 10, 2014

Day #7 - You Now

As I’m writing this I have passed the one year mark in my grief. I wouldn't say it’s easier, because it’s not. I keep myself busy to keep myself from hurting. But each day that goes by I think of her and I think that she wouldn't want me to be upset and crying every day. 


So I have been trying to take that negative energy and use it for something good, something positive. Each day hurts knowing I’m not pregnant with my rainbow, and that I might never get the chance. But I am STILL a mother. I am a mother to an angel. Here are some of the things I've done:

     1. I've participated in the March of Dime's March for Babies walk in memory of my daughter. I have signed up to do this again in 2014.
Left to Right: Best friend Kim, Sister Jenna, Myself, Best friend Jessica. Back: Cousin Andrea at the March for Babies 2013.

     2. I helped campaign for a movie called Return To Zero becoming a local leader in the state of Wisconsin to help raise awareness. 
Picture I made to campaign for Return to Zero the movie.
The shirt I received for my contribution to the Return to Zero campaign.
     3. I am an admin for the Stillborn and Sleeping Babies Support Group. Though this community I reach out to others who have gone through similar circumstances with hope, love, and understanding. I provide messages of understanding and hope to hundreds of members a month.
Photo Courtesy of Mirren Lucas, Stillborn and Sleeping Support Group
     4. I created Ana's Angels which I intend on doing 30 Random Acts of Kindness in the months of April and October. I am asking the Facebook community to join in with me. If you're interested, please join this event: Ana's Angels - Random Acts of Kindness


No comments:

Post a Comment