Monday, November 19, 2012

Anger

So I found out that one of my teachers gave me a B+. Most people would be happy, except for the fact that I was expecting an A. I am a straight A student. I've worked very hard for my grades and for myself. Even after losing Ana I've struggled with getting back into what is now my "normal". This teacher has been really flaky from the beginning.

First, before the first class even started she was supposed to hold an "orientation" and assign any homework that may be due for the first class. She never communicated with us so we didn't do anything. Upon the first class she hand's out a syllabus that told us we had stuff due that day. She said she didn't know she was supposed to be there, and was on vacation. Whatever. She rearranges the assignments adding/changing what she felt she needed to. No problem.

I lost Ana on a Sunday, and had sent out an email letting my instructors know what happened and telling them I was not going to be in class, etc. I never received a response from her. I asked her why and she said she didn't know what to say... that's all. Wow. Okay. Since I missed the final class she gave me an extension on the final project and final paper, asked for it within a week. I said I can do that.

I sent her emails asking if I had anything else missing and also sent her my assignments. No response. I asked her and she said she would let me know the next day. I waited. No email. I followed up with her again, she said "grades are posted". I was like, REALLY? This is what she said.

The group insurance plan paper was worth 15%.  You received an A.
The RFP was worth 55%.  You received an A.
The weekly chapter questions were worth 20%.  One paper had 17 out of 20 questions correct and the other and 3 out of 5 correct.  
Class participation was 10% of your grade.  You received half credit for class participation.
In total - your grade was a B+.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

I asked her how she can justify the half credit for class participation. This infuriates me to the point where I am so glad I don't have to return to that school after this semester. She is the freakin' director of HR and she lacks such people skills I could scream.

Thanks, b****, for hitting me when I'm down. I don't deserve that grade and YOU KNOW IT. Maybe you confused me for one of the other TWO Melissa's in the class. You can GET BENT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment