Monday, November 26, 2012

Skyfall - Grieving Mothers


The more and more I have been listening to this song it reminds me of how us grieving mothers have come together. If you read the lyrics below I’ll explain my reasoning and thoughts being the song… (my thoughts in parenthesis) 

I know I twist the meaning of the song but it means a lot to me to know that I have other moms to lean on that have gone through the same thing I have and are feeling like I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeumyOzKqgI

SKYFALL - ADELE

This is the end                              (feels like the end of the world)
Hold your breath and count to ten  (feels like all we do is hold our breath wishing our babies would come back)
Feel the earth move and then         (feels like we’re spinning out of control)
Hear my heart burst again              (thinking about our babies… our hearts hurt so badly knowing they are not coming back)

For this is the end                                  (feels like the end of the world)
I've drowned and dreamt this moment     (We’ve downed and had nightmares since our losses)
So overdue I owe them                    
Swept away, I'm stolen                          (you were swept away, you were stolen)

Let the skyfall                                  (Let the sky fall)
When it crumbles                             (Let the world crumble)
We will stand tall                             (We want to stand tall, but can’t)
Face it all together                           (We’re going through this together)

Let the skyfall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall
At skyfall

Skyfall is where we start                                          (The loss of our babies is how we met)
A thousand miles and poles apart                              (We’re thousands of miles away)
Where worlds collide and days are dark                     (We met during our darkest times)
You may have my number, you can take my name     (We will talk, we will listen)
But you'll never have my heart                                  (Our babies will always have our hearts)

Let the skyfall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the skyfall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall

[x2:]
(Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall)

Where you go I go              (We’re walking similar paths)
What you see I see              (We’ve been through similar losses)
I know I'd never be me        (I  might not make it)
Without the security
Of your loving arms              (without someone like you guys to lean on)
Keeping me from harm         (Keep helping me with my thoughts and emotions)
Put your hand in my hand     (Like you’re holding my hand)
And we'll stand                     (And we’ll make it through this, together)

Let the skyfall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the skyfall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall

Let the sky fall
We will stand tall
At skyfall

No comments:

Post a Comment