Saturday, November 10, 2012

My pregnancy

On Monday August 13, 2012 I went to my doctor to have a pregnancy serum test taken because I still was shocked that the over the counter pregnancy tests were positive. My regular doctor drew my blood and told me that I was indeed, pregnant with my first child.

Just two days later, I started bleeding. While it was light bleeding, my doctor scheduled me for an ultrasound.  The ultrasound was scary because they would not let me see the screen or tell me anything during the ultrasound. I remember being so scared that something may be wrong. The ultrasound tech saw how upset I was and while she wasn't supposed to, she did let me hear my baby's heartbeat. I cried. I was so happy things were looking good so far.

Every day I was sick. I would wake up puking and have no energy throughout the day. Each night I was falling asleep early and falling behind on my housework because my homework and school took up most of my time. I was struggling each day to do just my daily activities. I knew that sickness was common in the first trimester, but I didn't think I would be as sick as I was.

On October 5th, I started bleeding again and I went into the office for another ultrasound. This time the ultrasound tech was able to show me the pictures she was taking and I was again able to hear the baby's heart beat. I measured 9 weeks and 3 days and the heartbeat was 167 beats per minute. I wept at how happy I was watching this little piece of life growing inside me. How amazing it is to have a baby inside of me. I was overwhelmed and overjoyed with happiness that I couldn't even explain in words.

Because of the puking and the sickness, I made an appointment on October 9th, and finally asked for some help with the nausea and vomiting. I was past the 12 week point, closer to 14 weeks, and my doctor put me on zofran which certainly helped the nausea and vomiting every morning. I took one each night and didn't wake up sick in the morning. I was slowly starting to feel better physically and each day I was waiting to feel the first kick, the first movement. I knew it was early but all I could do was hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment